Timing Belt Replacement
TIMING BELT – KEEPS ENGINE COMPONENTS IN SYNC & RUNNING SMOOTHLY
Diagnosis of a timing belt problem requires inspection of the belt, which is usually protected by a cover under the hood of your car. The most obvious signs of a problem
- are damage such as cracking,
- the edges wearing down or
- the teeth stripping.
- non visual signs can be an Abnormal squeaking coming from the timing cover area.
Regular servicing and checks to the timing belt will ensure problems are detected before disaster occurs and the timing belt breaks completely. This would cause severe damage to your car.
Most manufacturers recommend replacement of the timing belt every 60,000 to 100,000 km and in about 60% of cars requires the replacement of water pump as well.
Fine Serve Auto – can service all makes and models for timing belt replacement. We take great care to ensure your car’s engine is working optimally before it leaves our shop.
By performing the following
- Remove accessories needed to gain access to engine timing cover.
- Remove engine timing cover, inspect timing belt and pulleys for needed parts.
- Remove and replace timing belt, water pump, pulleys, and tensioners.
- Reinstall timing cover and all removed parts.
- Start engine and check for proper engine operation and engine timing, as well as for cooling system leaks.